Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bones of a cryptic language

I've been drawing on black paper I found in the old Scollard hospial site. Although it's hard to tell from this photo, the paper has a particular weave-like texture like the carpet here and rounded corners. I have been drawing human x-ray images and experimenting with a grid format to present my drawings as I progress.

I'm not sure why I am compelled to draw x-rays this way as it seems to be a pointless or redundant exercise. Original x-rays are by far more beautiful due to the effect of the light quality emanating from the x-ray through the bone and then with the final image displayed on a light box. Besides,even light boxes and hard copy x-rays are obsolete as everything is digital now and viewed on a computer screen on site. Anyhow I am going to go with this compulsion for now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment